Welcome, Tired of juggling multiple remotes to control your entertainment devices? Say hello to the ultimate solution! With the GE Universal Remote, you can control up to eight devices, including your Roku TV.
But, we know programming a remote can be a hassle. That’s why we’ve done the work for you! We’ve gathered a list of codes that work with both Roku TV and sticks, and included easy-to-follow instructions for programming your GE Universal Remote.
No more mess and confusion of different remotes. Take control of your entertainment experience with the convenience of a GE Universal Remote. Let’s get started!
GE Universal Remote Codes
Here is the complete list of codes for the GE CL3 Remote:
- Code for new models: 2891, 1741
- Codes for GE remotes models after 2013: 4395, 4355
- Codes for 2011-2012 models: 7317
- Codes (mixed V3/V5/CL3) for new models: 6171, 6251, 6001, 6381, 2891, 1741, 5931
How To Program GE Universal Remote to Roku
Before locating the codes for your remote make sure that you have GE CL3 universal remotes. If your remote is not CL3 then it will have different codes. For CL4 remotes you can get codes here. But for CL4 remote follow the steps below:
- First of all, turn your Roku device On.
- Locate remote codes compatible with your device brand.
- Aim your remote at the device then press and hold the “Setup” button. The indicator light will turn on after a few seconds.
- Press and hold the device button. For Roku TV you should press the “TV” button.
- Enter the code using the number button of the remote.
- The indicator light will turn off if the code is correct. It shows that your remote is programmed with the device.
Otherwise, if the light just blinks once and remains on then your code is incorrect. In this case, you have to try with another code until the light turns off.
How Do I Auto Program a GE Universal Remote?
If you don’t want to use codes for remote try using the “Auto Search” method to find the code for your device.
- Press and hold the “Setup” button until the red light stays on.
- Then press and release the “TV” button and hold it until the red light blinks once and remain on.
- Press the “Power” button to start the code search.
- The red indicator light will start blinking and turns off after it finds a compatible code.
- The device should turn off, If it didn’t simply repeat the process.
- Manually turn on the TV and then press the “CH+” button to save the code, and press the “TV” button again.
- Now, your remote is ready to use with Roku TV test different buttons to check all buttons work fine.
Troubleshooting Tips and Tricks
If you’re having trouble trying to set up a GE Universal Remote CL3 for a Roku device, try the following troubleshooting guidance:
- Make sure the remote’s batteries are brand new and correctly placed.
- Verify that the device you’re attempting to control (your Roku, for example) is powered on and set to the proper input.
- Make sure you’re using the right code for your Roku model by checking twice.
- Make sure there is no other electrical device that might be interfering with the connection and that your TV and the remote are in immediate contact with one another.
- By taking out the batteries and pressing and holding the setup button while replacing the batteries, you can attempt to reset your remote.
- You can Contact GE support if none of these steps succeed.
Please keep in mind that while these suggestions might be useful, they might not apply to your particular equipment. It is also advised that you check the device’s manual for additional assistance. Additionally, make sure your remote is a GE Universal Remote CL3 since other models may require alternative troubleshooting techniques.
Does GE Universal Remote work with smart TV?
GE Universal works fine with almost all Smart TVs of Samsung, Vizio, LG, Sony, Sharp, Roku, Apple TV, TCL, Panasonic and with Streaming Players, Blu-ray, etc.
Can I Add Roku to a Universal Remote?
Some universal remotes are able to work with Roku, but the level of control they offer may vary. Some remotes only provide basic control functions. To connect your universal remote to your Roku, you will need to find the specific code for Roku devices in the user manual of your universal remote.
What is a TV PIN code?
A PIN is like a secret handshake to access all the exclusive features of your Smart TV. It’s your personal identification number. But, if you ever misplace this key you can easily change the code or reset it, ensuring that your Smart TV remains safe and sound.
We hope that after obtaining the codes and following the instructions, your remote is now ready for use and you can dive right into your favorite shows and movies. But, just in case you run into any issues, don’t fret! We’ve got your back. Simply drop a comment below and we’ll be there to assist you in no time. Our team is ready and eager to help you get back to your binge-watching in no time.